Thursday 14 January 2021

Fanfiction

So in a bit of a departure, this is not a post with a poem. I have also started writing fanfiction again, again after a very long hiatus. My last effort was in the Chalet School universe, about 8 or 9 years ago. I haven't yet found my original story from that time, but did manage to find the Christmas drabbles I wrote in 2005 and you can find those here and here.

I've had an itch to write a continuation story for Mary Grant Bruce's Billabong series and after trying to plan out how I wanted it to go, I finally managed to get the first chapter done today and have finally managed to load it onto the fanfiction site here.

In the meantime, I'm trying to get started on Chapter 2, but it's uphill work at the moment. I'm also a bit frustrated with myself because I'd planned to include a few characters from another standalone Bruce book, only to realise that that book was set during WWII and the Billabong books are set pre, during and post WWI, so that won't work. I suppose I could just use some poetic license and try and get away with including them that way, but I'm not sure if I'm ok with doing that and it also makes nonsense of the whole story they come from as well. It's very frustrating because without them, I've got a bit of a hole in the story I'm planning. Such is life ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

More writing, but not poetry

 I recently found fanfiction drabbles I'd written between 2003 and 2005. Most of the writing was part of a larger story that was a cross...