Thursday 7 January 2021

Sun poem

Water for two led to one final collaboration - this time about the sun. Again, it wasn't really a serious thing, just fun playing with words. As with the other two poems, this was written line by line via email then published to rap by Marek when we decided it was finished.

I've published it below exactly as it first appeared, again minus the ASCII heading at the time.

It wasn't supposed to be about water, but I managed to sneak a bit in there!

There are other efforts of mine somewhere, but I haven't found them. When I do (if I don't think they're too utterly dreadful) I'll post them as well. And then eventually I'll transcribe my latest effort.

(c) 1990 Cathy Newberry.
(c) 1990 Dan Kletter.
(c) 1990 Marek Lugowski.
All Rights Reserved, but you can have 'em if you only ask.
Yes to personal use.

sun poem

humid sun
you bring with you so many things
but most of all
a delicious warmth
that makes us three
lazy
and weary

of working.

we could spend one hundred hours
or one hundred and three
with you
running along a beach
playing in the ocean
playing in you.

heat the sand
between our toes
make us dance with it

cover us in your sultry blanket
ruffle our hair
with your windy fingers
while we make our slick sand castles
stick.

make us sleepy until
we doze
marek, you snore!
cathy, je t'adore!
dan, never a bore!

give us a warm summer evening
with a bottle of red wine
and a boat on the river

kiss the ripples
as we rock there.

warm us up
give us that strange sense
of confidence
serenity
you cuddle me...
and me! and me!

sun, you make me
and me! and me!

very happy!

happy enough to levitate
a small cow.


Cathy Newberry / Dan Kletter / Marek Lugowski
8-9 June 1990
Canberra, Australia / Sunnyvale, California /
Lake Monroe, Indiana

No comments:

Post a Comment

More writing, but not poetry

 I recently found fanfiction drabbles I'd written between 2003 and 2005. Most of the writing was part of a larger story that was a cross...