Thursday 7 January 2021

Changes

This one was born out of changes happening to me - I think it's pretty self-explanatory. It was a very exciting time but also bittersweet because at the time my father was also dying of brain cancer.

When I posted this to rap I said "This is the first thing I've written in ages, but sometimes things happen that you just want to get down before you forget how you felt. Other babies will come and go I suppose, but I don't think I'll ever feel like this again."

Actually I think this might have been almost the last one I ever posted to rap - I was dealing with the changes brought by the pregnancy, giving up working (which meant losing access to Usenet anyway), buying a house and going backwards and forwards between Canberra and Sydney to see my father to try and make the most of whatever time he had left.

There are other ones I've found, so the next posts will be all out of order, but I don't suppose it really matters.

changes: nine weeks

how can this

part of me grow?

i can't feel it there

except in my mind i feel

different

scared and somehow

proud,

floating in a haze,

bunnies and bouncers

so sweetly pastel

Copyright, October 1991

C. Newberry


No comments:

Post a Comment

More writing, but not poetry

 I recently found fanfiction drabbles I'd written between 2003 and 2005. Most of the writing was part of a larger story that was a cross...